Using Mailchimp Groups to Sync CRM Multi-Select, Dropdown, and Radio Fields
Mailchimp is full of features and one of the most commonly used feature is creating custom fields on your Mailchimp audiences. For situations where you want to sync drop-down or multi-select fields from Sugar, Mailchimp groups will give you the flexibility you need. To see if groups is the right field for you, please reference our Field Mapping Reference Guide.
Syncing with Mailchimp Groups
Groups are the only way to sync multi-select fields from your CRM to Mailchimp. Additionally, you can only sync Mailchimp Groups with drop-downs or multi-selects from your CRM. To set up a group, follow the directions below:
1. Click Audience.
2. Using the Current audience drop-down on the left side to select the audience you'd like to work with.
3. Using the Manage Audience drop-down on the right side, click Settings.
4. Click Manage contacts and select Groups.
5. Click Create Groups and provide a name for the group. Under Group names type in at least one of the field options that appears in Sugar.
Note that you will only need to add one group name in the group, as the next time your CRM syncs to Mailchimp, the other options will populate automatically.
Troubleshooting Mailchimp Drop-downs and Radio Buttons
If you've used groups to sync drop-downs or radio buttons from your CRM you can troubleshoot using the steps below if data isn't syncing as expected.
1. Navigate to your drop-down selections in your CRM.
2. Navigate to your groups in Mailchimp and make sure that the names match EXACTLY as you see them when looking at your CRM. If those selections do not match up, there's a good chance the sync will not work as expected. If you ever change your drop-down selections in Mailchimp or SugarCRM, you need to make sure you go to the other side of the integration and make the same updates.