After starting your trial, follow these steps to get the integration up and running.
Before installing, you can find the latest version of the integration on SugarOutfitters or SuiteCRM Store. Navigate to the orders page and download the latest package based on your CRM (Sugar 9, Sugar 8, Sugar 7, Sugar 6, or SuiteCRM). Note: Ensure your package is not unzipped by the browser. You will need the entire .zip file.
- SugarOutfitters: https://www.sugaroutfitters.com/orders
- SuiteCRM Store: https://store.suitecrm.com/orders
Note: If you are hosting your own Sugar instance, please make sure you are running PHP 5.3 or higher. Also, please make sure that PHP Notices and PHP Warnings are turned off in your php.ini (error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_WARNING & ~E_NOTICE)
In order for Zendesk to be able to communicate securely with your CRM instance, make sure of the following:
Installing the Integration
Note: If you are updating to a newer version of the integration, there's no need to uninstall the prior version. Simply install over the existing version in your CRM.
- Go to your CRM and login as an admin user
- Navigate to the Admin page and click Module Loader
- Click Choose File and select the .zip file
- Click Upload
- Click Install
- Agree to the terms and click Commit (The installation process will usually take 2-5 minutes.)
- You should now be redirected to the Welcome screen.
When you’re ready to get started, click the blue "Let's Get Started" button.
On Step 2, you will validate your Fanatical Zendesk license key that is provided by SugarOutfitters. You will see step by step instructions on screen for how to validate your license.
Once the License Key is successfully validated, you can continue to Step 3!
On Step 3, you will connect your CRM to your Zendesk account. Please read the instructions on this page for more details. Note that the Zendesk account used to sign in here will need to be a Zendesk Admin account.
Enter your Zendesk subdomain into the form field at the bottom.
After entering your subdomain a button will appear. Click the button to connect to Zendesk. Login to Zendesk and confirm the connection.
You will be redirected back to Sugar on a successful connection. It will automatically take you to Step 4.
Step 4: Add the Zendesk CRM Dashlet
Now that you have connected Zendesk and Sugar, the last step in the process is to add the Zendesk CRM dashlet. The dashlet is available for the Contact, Lead, Account and Opportunity record views.
- Navigate to the record of one of the following modules: Accounts, Contacts, Leads, or Opportunities.
- Click on a specific record. You must be looking at a specific record view, not the list view.
- In the top right corner, click the edit button to edit the current dashboard.
- Scroll to the bottom of the dashboard and click Add a Row > Add a Dashlet. A list of available dashlets appears.
- Find the "Fanatical Zendesk" dashlet and click Select and edit.
- Click Save to save your filters.
- Click Save one more time to save the dashlet to the dashboard.
You can repeat this for the other modules' dashboards.
In Zendesk when viewing a Ticket, User or Organization you should see the Sugar app. And when viewing a Contact, Lead, Account or Opportunity in your CRM you should see the Zendesk dashlet.
As always, if you have any questions please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.