SugarChimp is simple to install and uses the built-in Module Loader. If you have a self-hosted CRM instance, we recommend reviewing file permissions and other common issues here prior to installation.
- Navigate to your CRM and log in as an admin user.
- Navigate to the Admin page within your CRM and click Module Loader.
- Upload the SugarChimp zip file. (You can find the latest version of the integration on SugarOutfitters or SuiteCRM Store by navigating to your Orders page. Note: Ensure your package is not unzipped by the browser. You will need the entire .zip file.
- Click Install, agree to the terms, and select Commit. (Note: installation may take a few minutes.)
- You will now be redirected to SugarChimp’s Welcome screen to walk through the Setup steps below.
If you are not automatically redirected to Setup after installation, you can get there by navigating to Sugar Admin and clicking Setup within the SugarChimp section. The steps below will cover each screen and what you will encounter during the setup process.
When you’re ready to get started, SugarChimp will begin by checking your system for compatibility. There are four essentials that SugarChimp checks to ensure proper functionality. If your pre-checks fail, visit this article for more insight. They are:
- You are running PHP 5.3 or greater
- cURL is enabled
- Mailchimp can communicate with your CRM instance
- Your CRM Scheduler is active and running
On Step 2, enter your license key and press Validate. If you attempt to validate an inappropriate key, SugarChimp will alert you that the validation was unsuccessful. Once the license key is successfully validated, you can continue to Step 3.
On Step 3, click the Mailchimp icon to sign in to Mailchimp and connect your account. Once successful, you'll see a note indicating that you are successfully connected. (If you do not yet have a Mailchimp account, you can create one here.)
NOTE: SugarChimp can only install 1 Mailchimp account at a time, although you can change accounts at any time if needed. Once connected, you'll be directed to sync a list.