Before installing SugarChimp, it's helpful to first ensure your CRM can send and receive updates from Mailchimp. Please review the following to ensure you can install SugarChimp without issue:
Before installing, you can find the latest version of the integration on SugarOutfitters or SuiteCRM Store. Navigate to the orders page and download the latest package based on your CRM (Sugar 9, Sugar 8, Sugar 7, Sugar 6, or SuiteCRM). Note: Ensure your package is not unzipped by the browser. You will need the entire .zip file.
- SugarOutfitters: https://www.sugaroutfitters.com/orders
- SuiteCRM Store: https://store.suitecrm.com/orders
- Navigate to your CRM and login as an admin user.
- Navigate to Module Loader within Admin.
- Upload the zip file.
- Click Install, agree to the terms and select Commit. (Note: installation may take a few minutes.)
- You should now be redirected to SugarChimp’s Welcome screen to walk through the steps below. If not, you can get there navigating to Setup within the SugarChimp section of the Admin page.
When you’re ready to get started, SugarChimp will begin by checking your system for compatibility. There are four essentials that SugarChimp checks to ensure proper functionality. If your pre-checks fail, visit this article for more insight. They are:
- You are running PHP 5.3 or greater
- cURL is enabled
- Mailchimp can communicate with your CRM instance
- Your CRM Scheduler is active and running
On Step 2, enter your license key and press Validate. If you attempt to validate an inappropriate key, SugarChimp will alert you that the validation was unsuccessful. Once the license key is successfully validated, you can continue to Step 3.
On Step 3, click the Mailchimp icon to sign in to Mailchimp and connect your account. Once successful, you'll see a note indicating that you are successfully connected. (If you do not yet have a Mailchimp account, you can create one here.)
NOTE: SugarChimp can only install 1 Mailchimp account at a time, although you can change accounts at any time, if needed. Once connected, you'll be directed to sync a list.