A CRM and Mailchimp integration wouldn't be much good if you could only sync names and email addresses! That's why we've created a Field Mapping Tool that allows you to sync all fields on your Contact, Target, and Lead Modules. This will allow you to do some pretty advanced segmenting on CRM data while inside Mailchimp.
With Field Mapping you can send more effective campaigns with personalized emails and highly segmented lists.
- By default, SugarChimp only syncs email address, first name, and last names.
- To give you greater flexibility, Field Mapping is unique to each list. So you will setup your field mappings individually for each synced list.
Steps to Setup Field Mapping
- Create your desired fields in Mailchimp. If you're not sure how to create Mailchimp fields, please reference their support article here. (Note: Your Mailchimp List field types should be either Text, Radio Buttons or Drop Downs. You can also sync Mailchimp Groups with a SugarCRM dropdown or multi-select*.)
*SugarChimp fully supports syncing of drop downs and multiselect fields from Sugar into Mailchimp. However, this can be one of the more difficult pieces to the integration. We have a dedicated page to help you learn all about how to sync drop downs and multi-selects between Sugar and Mailchimp!
- Once Mailchimp fields are created, navigate to the Field Mapping section within your CRM. You can do this by going to Admin, then clicking on Field Mapping.
- Select the Mailchimp list you'd like to work with from the drop-down. You'll see the list of Mailchimp fields you created along the left hand side along with the available Sugar fields (from the Contact, Target, and Lead modules) along the right.
- Using the Sugar module drop-downs, select the fields and you'd like to map accordingly. (Note: If you do not want to sync any data with a certain module, simply change all the drop-downs in that column to 'do not sync'.)
- When all fields are mapped, click Continue at the bottom of the page.
- After clicking Continue you will be presented with a few options, as shown in the screenshot below. (Note: if you are not syncing a Mailchimp Group field you will not see the red messages). So that the newly mapped fields get populated in Mailchimp, you will need to tell SugarChimp to run a re-sync of your list. Select the appropriate option from the Re-sync Options dropdown and click Save Mapping & Start Re-sync. (Note: if you do not wish to re-sync, please read the note below.)
- You're done! Your field mapping changes will now be saved and will be queued to re-sync for the list in the direction that you select from the dropdown. Going forward, when people are synced to and from your CRM and Mailchimp all mapped fields will also be kept in sync.
If you do not wish to re-sync:
- Cancel & Go Back - This button will prevent any changes from being made to your mapping and take you back to the Field Mapping page.
- Save Mapping & Do NOT Start Re-sync - This button will save your field mapping but will NOT queue a re-sync for your list. If you are syncing MailChimp Groups with a Sugar Field, this could cause potential for a loss of data.
Special Note about Syncing Related Fields
|If you can't find a field in your dropdown menu
You are probably looking for a related field, such as a Contact's Account Type or a Lead's Opportunity Amount. These fields must be handled uniquely to be sent to MailChimp. In order to sync related fields to MailChimp, you will need the Ultimate edition of SugarChimp. Within the Ultimate edition, you will see the related fields directly within the dropdown menu.
|MailChimp to Sugar syncing of related fields
Any syncing of related fields will only happen from Sugar to MailChimp. SugarChimp will not update related modules based on changes from the MailChimp side. This is simply the safest way to handle your data. If you have any further questions regarding the syncing of related fields, contact support!