A CRM and Mailchimp integration wouldn't be much good if you could only sync names and email addresses! That's why we've created our simple-to-use Field Mapping tool that allows you to sync all fields on your contact, target, and lead modules. This will allow segment Mailchimp audiences to target campaigns to just the subscribers you would like to reach.
Field mapping allows you to send more effective campaigns with personalized emails and highly segmented audiences.
- By default, SugarChimp syncs email addresses, first names, and last names. Additional fields can be synced using the Field Mapping tool.
- To give you greater flexibility, field mapping is unique to each list.
Before setting up your fields, we recommend taking a few moments to pre-plan the data you'll need. We recommend determining the fields you're needing to sync from your CRM along with their name, and type of field. (You can find the field type within the CRM Studio.) Here is an example of what pre-planning might look like:
|CRM Field Name||CRM Field Type||Mailchimp Field to Create|
|Contact Type||Drop-down||Group or Drop-down|
Steps to Set Up Field Mapping
- Create your desired fields in Mailchimp. The type of field (merge tab or group) you'll create in Mailchimp will depend on the field type being synced from the CRM. Please reference our Field Mapping Reference Guide to determine the correct field.
- Navigate to the Field Mapping section within your CRM. You can do this by going to Admin, then clicking on Field Mapping.
- Select the Mailchimp audience you'd like to work with from the drop-down. You'll see the list of Mailchimp fields you created along the left-hand side along with the available CRM fields (from the contact, target, and lead modules) along the right.
- Using the CRM module drop-downs, select the fields that you'd like to map accordingly. (Note: If you can't find a field in your dropdown menu, please reference the information at the bottom of the article regarding related fields.)
- When all fields are mapped, click Continue at the bottom of the page.
- After clicking Continue you will be presented with a few options, as shown in the screenshot below. (Note: if you are not syncing a Mailchimp Group field you will not see the red messages). So that the newly mapped fields become populated, you will need to tell SugarChimp to run a re-sync of your list. Select the appropriate option from the Re-sync Options dropdown and click Save Mapping & Start Re-sync. (Note: Queuing a re-sync from your CRM to Mailchimp is the most common option.)
If you do not wish to re-sync:
- Cancel & Go Back - This button will prevent any changes from being made to your mapping and take you back to the Field Mapping page.
- Save Mapping & Do NOT Start Re-sync - This button will save your field mapping but will NOT queue a re-sync for your list. If you are syncing Mailchimp Groups with a CRM Field, this could cause a potential for loss of data.
- You're done! Your field mapping changes will now be saved and will be queued to re-sync for the list in the direction that you select from the dropdown. Going forward, when people are synced to and from your CRM and Mailchimp all mapped fields will also be kept in sync.
Syncing Related Fields
|If you can't find a field in your dropdown menu
You may be looking for a related field, such as a contact's account type or a lead's opportunity amount. These fields must be handled uniquely to be sent to Mailchimp. In order to sync related fields to Mailchimp, you will need the Ultimate edition of SugarChimp. Within the Ultimate edition, you will see the related fields directly within the dropdown menu.
|Mailchimp to CRM syncing of related fields
Any syncing of related fields will only happen from your CRM to Mailchimp. SugarChimp will not update related modules based on changes from the Mailchimp side. This is simply the safest way to handle your data. If you have any further questions regarding the syncing of related fields, contact support and we'll be happy to help.