After starting your trial, follow these steps to get the integration up and running.
In order for Zendesk to be able to communicate securely with your CRM instance, make sure of the following:
- Your CRM instance must be publicly accessible. If you have strict firewall rules, please see the IP addresses that need to be allowed here: https://support.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/203660846
- CRM instance must run over ssl/https with a valid and complete SSL certificate chain. This means it cannot run over a public IP address, but needs to have a named domain with ssl.
Just install over the existing install. No need to uninstall prior to upgrading.
Installing the Integration
- Go to your CRM and login as an admin user.
- Go to "Admin" > "Module Loader"
- Upload the zip package
- Click install, agree to the terms and continue. It will take a couple minutes to install.
- You should now be redirected to the Welcome Screen.
When you’re ready to get started, click the blue "Let's Get Started" button.
On Step 2, you will validate your Fanatical Zendesk license key that is provided by SugarOutfitters. You will see step by step instructions on screen for how to validate your license.
Once the License Key is successfully validated, you can continue to Step 3!
On Step 3, you will connect your CRM to your Zendesk account. Please read the instructions on this page for more details. Note that the Zendesk account used to sign in here will need to be a Zendesk Admin account.
Enter your Zendesk subdomain into the form field at the bottom.
After entering your subdomain a button will appear. Click the button to connect to Zendesk. Login to Zendesk and confirm the connection.
You will be redirected back to Sugar on a successful connection. It will automatically take you to Step 4.
Step 4: Add the Zendesk CRM Dashlet
Now that you have connected Zendesk and Sugar, the last step in the process is to add the Zendesk CRM dashlet. The dashlet is available for the Contact, Lead, Account and Opportunity record views.
- Navigate to the record of one of the following modules: Accounts, Contacts, Leads, or Opportunities.
- Click on a specific record. You must be looking at a specific record view, not the list view.
- In the top right corner, click the edit button to edit the current dashboard.
- Scroll to the bottom of the dashboard and click Add a Row > Add a Dashlet. A list of available dashlets appears.
- Find the "Fanatical Zendesk" dashlet and click Select and edit.
- Click Save to save your filters.
- Click Save one more time to save the dashlet to the dashboard.
You can repeat this for the other modules' dashboards.
In Zendesk when viewing a Ticket, User or Organization you should see the Sugar app. And when viewing a Contact, Lead, Account or Opportunity in your CRM you should see the Zendesk dashlet.
As always, if you have any questions please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.